Subject: Re: Impact...anyone?
From: [email-masked]
To: LightWave Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 1995 16:48:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 22 Jul 1995, James Brooks wrote:

> I would like to know what type of measuring system its using?

Sorry, it does appear to only use the Metric system....I prefer Metric 
when working with LightWave since it's more intuitive so I've never 
really tried switching to the "archaic" English system of measurement.

I'm overdue for a talk with Dynamic Realities though, so I'll ask them if 
this ability is hidden anywhere if they plan on adding it and let you 
know what's up.

Oddly enough, as I was posting my last message about not being sure 
whether Impact would be released for Windows, I received a notice from 
Dynamic Realities with the following information:

Impact! version 0.92 (Beta) just shipped (which I received last week) and 
a pre-release version for other platforms supposedly began shipping on 
July 17th.  This includes Windows/WindowsNT versions for Intel, Mips, and 
Alpha based machines.  Final 1.0 version should be shipping by the time 
of SIGGRAPH.

Pricing structure for Impact! is as follows:

				List	Trade-Up (from Amiga version)
			       ------  ----------
Amiga                           $295 
Windows/WindowsNT (Intel)       $495     $300
WindowsNT (Mips or Alpha)       $595     $350

Dynamic Realities will be at SIGGRAPH demonstrating all versions of 
Impact as well as "another product planned for announcement." 

*SNIFF*  I won't be going to SIGGRAPH (unless I win a Wavey and the kind 
and generous people at VTU help me get there!) so everyone will have to 
tell me what I missed....sighhhhh.....

I'll just have to keep myself occupied with the new Impact and my latest 
acquisition, MacroForm.  =)

                                      -David Warner
                                       Event Horizon Graphics

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]